Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Portions, Consistency & H2O

It's been one heck of a long day, and I really don't have the energy or the mental stability to put a lot of thought into a full on blog entry for today.
As I had already mentioned, I am doing the 5 Day Inferno meal & work out plan from TurboFire. I've been diligent in taking pics of all my meals as this is a GREAT way to stay accountable. People might tease or mock you for posting your food pics on your FB or your blog, but by doing it you're accountable now to a whole network of people! I highly recommend this to anyone trying out a new meal plan or who is just trying to eat healthier.
The one thing I know I'm learning is about my portion size. Now, the 5 Day Inferno is pretty restricted in calories, so I know that after the five days are up, I need to add at least another 300 calories to my daily intake. YAY FOOD!! Yes, I love food - especially good food! If it doesn't taste good, forget it! I'm happy to report that everything on this plan tastes amazing. It's great - it's five days with every single meal and snack recipe lined out for you and a work out (sometimes two) for each day. It doesn't really get easier than that. In any matter, I'm learning that this love of food I have causes me to eat to my hearts content instead of just what I need. Not that I go out and binge, but you get what I'm meaning. It's nice to make a small plate of food, consume it, and feel satisfied. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure I could just keep eating, but the thing is I DON'T NEED TO. And, some days, I will admit I've felt that feeling - "I'm not hungry but I just have this insatiable urge/need to eat/keep eating!" The only tricks I've learned are to keep yourself busy and to do what my Dad always told me - drink water. :) Water does make all the difference, but don't you dare go telling my Dad that he was right! In all seriousness though, as long as I've been eating every 2-4 hours I haven't felt that nagging desire to stuff my face or the burning in my stomach telling me I'm starved. Portions, consistency & H2O.

No comments:

Post a Comment